Compare Gift Options
View and compare gift options to see which gift type best meets your personal and financial needs.
Gift Comparision Chart:
- Support the Sisters of St. Dominic today.
- Receive charitable income-tax deduction.
An outright gift of cash.
Deduct 100% of the gift value for federal income-tax purposes.
- Support the Sisters of St. Dominic without depleting your cash reserves.
- Avoid capital-gain tax.
A gift of appreciated stock.
Provide support to the Sisters of St. Dominic while decreasing the out-of-pocket cost to you by avoiding capital-gain tax.
- Minimize taxes on the transfer of a business you own.
- Provide support for the Sisters of St. Dominic.
A gift of closely held business stock.
Receive an income tax deduction and avoid capital-gain tax.
- Leave assets to the Sisters of St. Dominic and your heirs upon your death but you are not sure what to leave to whom.
Naming the Sisters of St. Dominic as a beneficiary of your retirement plan benefits.
Avoid estate tax on retirement plan assets while making other property available to pass on to your heirs.
- Make a significant gift to the Sisters of St. Dominic.
- Retain an income for yourself.
- A charitable gift annuity, or
- A charitable remainder unitrust, or
- A charitable remainder annuity trust.
- Receive a current income stream and an immediate income tax deduction.
- Receive a variable income stream and an immediate income tax deduction.
- Receive a fixed-income stream and an immediate income tax deduction and avoid capital gain tax.
- Receive a charitable income-tax deduction now.
- Receive income later.
A deferred-payment gift annuity.
Receive an immediate income tax deduction and income to begin at a future date you choose.
- Use your assets to support the Sisters of St. Dominic today.
- Retain control over the distribution of those assets to heirs.
A nongrantor charitable lead trust.
Freeze the value of assets contributed for gift and estate tax purposes and avoid estate tax on future appreciation.